EXHIBIT DESIGNER I POSTED 03/13/2019
The Exhibit Designer will work directly with the Exhibit Design team, clients, salespeople, and project management to deliver creative modular and custom exhibit design solutions based on client criteria. Exhibit Design work includes, sketching, 3D modeling/rendering, and detailing of designs for pricing and presentation. The Exhibit Designer will use design research, graphic design tools, and environmental design to create work of moderate to high complexity. Moderate involvement in designing and/or providing assets for marketing materials.
- Consults with clients and salespeople on exhibit design criteria.
- Designs via sketching and 3D modeling/rendering.
- Conducts and communicates design research for projects.
- Works under minimal supervision with moderate to high latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Presents designs to client for approval.
- Archives design work and records a timesheet.
- Performs related design work as assigned.
- Supports senior designers on projects of high complexity.
- Maintains certain aspects of departmental initiatives including light administrative duties.
- Develops new departmental tools and initiatives with moderate supervision.
- Expert / Staff level understanding and experience with design processes.
- Expert level skill in designing 3D environments with 3D software.
- Ability to design expert level graphic materials for exhibit designs using Adobe Suite.
- Organizational skills: ability to plan, organize and monitor activities.
- Verbal communication skills: Ability to present design objectives/criteria. Ability to listen effectively.
- Problem-solving/troubleshooting: Ability to identify problems, recognizes causes, and provides alternative solutions.
- Ability to make timely decisions and works quickly.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Expert level industry knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with client projects or other designers.
- 4-year degree in exhibit design or industrial design or related design degree.
- Expert level experience with 3D software for modeling, animating, texturing, and rendering exhibits.
- Expert level experience with Adobe Suite. (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Solid familiarity with modular exhibiting systems, custom fabrication, and graphic production
- 3 to 4 years experience designing trade show exhibits.
- A strong portfolio of client work reflecting the requirements of this position is expected.
- Experience in product and graphic design a strong plus.
- Experience with augmented environments a strong plus.
- Experience presenting design related topics to audiences a strong plus.
Skyline offers an exciting, fast-paced work environment, competitive pay and benefits and continuous learning opportunities. If you're interested in this exciting new position with Skyline, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skyline is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status protected under federal, state, or local law.