SERVICE CENTER MANAGER I POSTED 9/25/17
LAS VEGAS, NV
The Service Center Manager will direct all activities of Skyline Service Center including hardware rental, graphic operations, asset management and I&D services, as applicable, maintaining optimum service levels, profitability and operational efficiency. The position requires strong leadership, organizational, communication, interpersonal, conflict management and process management skills. The Service Center Manager works with all departments to determine product and service offerings, and business strategy for the facility. Responsible for establishing and leveraging relationships across the Skyline dealer network with the ultimate shared goal of ‘exceeding the client’s expectations’. This position will interact with the Skyline dealer network on a regular basis to build, manage, and maintain strong business relationships.
We are a market leader in the exciting $100 billion trade show and event marketing industry. If you have a knowledge base in the world of trade shows and want to work in a fun and fast-paced environment, this could be the right opportunity for you.
- Develop and implement systems and procedures necessary to maintain effective and efficient operation within the Service Center. This includes ongoing financial performance metrics reporting.
- Monitor programs and procedures to ensure accurate and on-time order processing and production, quality, scrap and waste metrics as well as the achievement of targeted customer satisfaction levels.
- Set performance standards to meet service goals of the Service Center.
- Coach key personnel to achieve both high individual and team performance.
- Structure and monitor the training agenda for Service Center personnel.
- In partnership with the Skyline dealer network, strive to ‘exceed client expectations’ for all services provided within the local marketplace. Act as a key resource to effectively resolve customer issues of an elevated nature.
- Provide feedback on and participate in the root cause analysis and resolution of key product, service and operational issues.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key outsourcing vendors (ex. local freight, carpet, lighting, etc.) in the local marketplace to ensure Skyline’s ability to effectively respond to the needs of the client.
- Work continually towards self-development to stay current on printing technology, graphics production, rental fulfillment processes, show services, freight management, customer services procedures and systems as well as supervisory procedures and practices.
- Partner with all relevant internal groups to provide input on programs, products or services to support existing and new markets, increase the share of market and obtain competitive positioning in the industry.
- Champion strong cross-training and sharing of best practices across the Service Centers.
- Proactively manage capacity in the Service Center to successfully fulfill market demands. Generate capital equipment and personnel justifications as needed.
- Recruit, train and mentor requisite personnel to support business objectives.
- Create an environment where people have a sense of pride, loyalty, and belonging.
- Act as a role model for leadership with Skyline.
- Provide a healthy and safe work environment. Plan, develop and implement policies and business goals that are consistent with corporate business practices
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong operational expertise including lean enterprise.
- Strong printing experience.
- Networking and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial thought process.
- Ability to develop and maintain highly effective teams.
- Customer focused.
- Flexible, open minded, approachable, reliable, responsible, team oriented
- 4 year Engineering or Business degree or equivalent experience.
- MBA a plus.
- 10+ year’s professional business experience to include both operational and sales/marketing exposure.
- 5 years supervisory/management experience in an operational role.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the trade show, convention or related industry a plus.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with graphics design, production, and equipment.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems and ERP systems.
- Costing, forecasting, budgeting experience required.
- Union experience preferred.
Skyline offers an exciting, fast-paced work environment, competitive pay and benefits and continuous learning opportunities.
To apply, please submit an application here.
Skyline is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.