"Dude Looks Like A Lady" ... Tap Your Inner Aerosmith to Improve Trade Show Results
May 19, 2020
By Shawn Lacagnina
I’ve always loved music, and growing up in the 80s, I was singing along to the best music ever as I cruised our small town in my Oldsmobile Cutlass. I don’t remember a time in my life when I couldn’t belt out “Dream On” at the top of my lungs. Back then, we couldn’t believe we’d make it to 2020. So, for old times’ sake and a little fun, here are the top 10 ways to Aerosmith your way to a great trade show.
10. "Back in the Saddle" - Trade show season will return and when it does, it will be that time again, to pony up and get ready to go hard. You’ve prepped, you’ve planned, and now it’s time to ride.
9. "Livin' on the Edge" - The literal edge; try pushing the limits of your booth space to the limit while avoiding the wrath of the show design police. You can always live on the figurative edge, too. Try something new this year. Push your own personal design limits.
8. "The Grind" - Here you go again. Remember to pace yourself for the whole show. Water, snacks, breaks, and rest will keep you as fresh for the last day as for the first.
7. "Angel" - Be on your best behavior at the show, and make sure your staff is, too. You never know when you’ll run into a prospect or client or customer, so make sure your halo is on straight.
6. "Cryin'" - Try to avoid a meltdown or a blow-up by planning ahead and double-checking flights, hotels, and event center arrangements as well as your booth supplies and tech.
5. "Sweet Emotion" - Clients and prospects respond to the emotional mood of your booth. Set a tone that inspires and stirs all your visitors.
4. "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" - Be present the whole time, not just physically but emotionally, too. Pay attention to what’s going on at the big event, making the most of the whole time. Leave it all on the floor.
3. "Dude Looks Like a Lady" - Make sure your booth staff are versed in good grooming and appropriate attire. While almost anything goes in some circles these days, your booth staff makes a lasting impression. Help them make it a good one.
2. "Walk This Way" - Not only can your design and graphics show someone the way to your booth, your branding and products can show the way to a better life.
And the number one way to Aerosmith your way to a better trade show...
1. "Dream On" - Make notes of the best parts of the show and begin to dream about the next big event!
This article was inspired by "Dude Looks Like a Lady! How Aerosmith Can Improve Your Trade Show Experience" by Shawn Lacagnina, and first appeared at www.skyline-etips.com/